Broadcast Live March 13, 2016
Item Donations Needed Now!
The Easton Lions are looking to local businesses and supporters for new auction items this year. We hope that you will help us help others by donating a product, service, or experience opportunity for the auction, as 100% of the proceeds go to charities and community service groups. If you have an item you'd like us to auction off please fill out the online form at www.eastonlions.org/auction/forms.
2016 Featured Item: Classic BMW Car on our Big Board
Donated by local residents Mark Tuniewicz & Kate Mensch
View car at Hometowne Auto Shoppe, 74 Main St, North Easton Village, across from the Rockery
The 1998 BMW 323i silver convertible has 253,000 miles and has had over $10,000 worth of work done the last few years. It is inspected maintained locally by Sullivan Tire on Belmont Street in Brockton, engine runs great, has a new battery, snow tires, power, and is loaded!
Kate and Mark hope someone will enjoy this car as much as they have over the last 15 years— "It’s reliable, fun, and well-maintained. Anyone who knows these engines knows that if you maintain them, they keep running. It's going to be a great, fun car for someone--but instead of spending $50,000 or more, they will get a great deal, for a great cause—the Lions, and our charitable works.”
Mark said, “We just had the car detailed, it looks great, but since the auction isn’t until March our friends at Every Last Detail in South Easton (who have maintained this beauty inside and out for years) were kind enough to agree to donate a certificate for a full inside/out detailing, their top-of-the-line service, for the new owners to use.”
The car has been used as a reliable highway commuting vehicle from Easton to Warwick, RI and it runs like a top--this engine is known for long term performance. Fully equipped, including....."cassette tape and dolby sound." It's a classic from '98, after all! :)
BMW Recent Maintenance:
- 2015-11: New battery (75 month rated), replaced hood release catch, reset convertible top mechanism,
- 2015: Resurfaced front headlights, replaced 2 front fog light lenses, new front brake pads & rotors, full tune up, air conditioning re-charge,
- 2014: Replace rear coil springs, replaced water pump, cam & crank sensors,
- 2013: Replaced drive shaft, engine oxygen sensor,
- 2012: Reupholstered front leather seats,
- 2012: New rear shocks, front struts, new alternator & serpentine belts, replace right front control arm/bushing,
- 2011: Replace right tire rod
- 2007: New convertible top ($2000+)
View auction on Comcast 9, Verizon 22, and Online: ustream.tv/channel/lions-auction
Bid Line #508-230-7071
Winning Bidders may pick-up items from 2-9pm Sunday March 13th
Oliver Ames High School Cafeteria, 100 Lothrup St., North Easton, MA
During confirmation call pay by credit/debit card and
have certificates/gift cards mailed to you for a one-time $3 service charge.
Other Featured Donors
The auction will be broadcast from the Oliver Ames High School cafeteria on 100 Lothrup Street in North Easton, MA. Watch your favorite town celebrities and spot your friends and relatives helping out on the boards. Item photos, donors and descriptions will be posted here and on our Bidding for Good site up to Auction day, March 13th. The day before the auction we will have all items on display at the high school to view in-person. Join our event on Facebook and share with your friends and family to let them know about the great products and bargains! Please support us in our goal of raising over $20,000 to support eye research, scholarships and local community needs. Please support our premier Auction sponsors!
- All items are auctioned off only at the live televised auction on March 1, 2015. No items are auctioned off online.
- Some items have a reserve/minimum bid amount. Pre-bids and live auction bids need to be no less than the reserve/minimum bid amount.
- The www.EastonLionsAuction.org website and the preview webpages do not reflect pre-bidding / bidding activity. The live televised auction is the only place the current high bid is updated.
- Bid must meet minimum bid increment for that board.
- When we "close" the auction board during the final round sell off for that board, no more bids can be received for the items on that board. Don't wait and don't be late!
- We do our best to reflect and update the current high bid on the auction boards you see on TV, but it is possible that a higher winning bid has been properly received (before the board has been closed) but not yet updated on the board that you see on TV during the sell off.
- You are only the winning bidder if you receive the confirmation call on the day of the auction, March 13, 2015.
Want to make sure that you win that item and help this charity auction raise much needed funds?
Bid early. Bid often. Bid high.
Really bump up that bid and blow them out of the water ! We love overbids!!